Hogwarts The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reach for the Sky (Invite Only)

3 posters

Go down

Reach for the Sky (Invite Only) Empty Reach for the Sky (Invite Only)

Post  Lysander Scamander Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:42 am

Lysander was lost. He had, of course, been in Diagon Alley before. Loads of times really. He was lost because he couldn't find his mum and dad and he couldn't find Lor either. He was panicking because he didn't like to be without his brother. And he didn't really know where to go, and how to find his mum and dad again.

Lys decided to go to the ice cream parlour, because his dad had said they could go get ice cream later. He walked slowly, and nervously played with the hem of his shirt. It wasn't far to the ice cream parlour, and luckily Lys knew where it was. He sat on a table outside. The nine year old pulled up his knees on the chair, wrapping his arms around them. He rarely went anywhere without Lorcan, and it was making him very nervous. He stuck his thumb in his mouth, a bad habit of him, and sucked on it. He just hoped they would find him soon. He didn't like being alone.
Lysander Scamander
Lysander Scamander

Back to top Go down

Reach for the Sky (Invite Only) Empty Re: Reach for the Sky (Invite Only)

Post  Dominique Weasley Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:45 am

Dominique had been walking around the Alley with her sister Victoire, but Toire had decided to go buy new dress robes and Dom really hated dress-robe-shopping so she had decided to go and get ice cream instead.

She walked towards the parlor, whistiling to her self and wondering what kind of ice cream she wanted, but suddenly there was something - or well a someone that caught her eye.
"Lys?" she asked, surprised as she spotted her Lysander Scamander, the son of Luna Lovegood who was a family friend. "Lysander, what are you doing here all alone?"
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Scamander Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:50 am

When Lys heard a familiar voice say his name, his head snapped up. "Niek!" he cried out and he leaped from the chair, tackling the other girl in a hug. She didn't fall though, because well, he was a really tiny nine year old. From all the older people in the Potter-Weasley clan, Lys liked Dominique the best. He especially liked it when she dyed her hair back, and she still wondered why she had changed it back. He had liked it black.

"I lost mum and dad and Lor," Lys mumbled, his arms still wrapped around Dominique as tight as possible.
Lysander Scamander
Lysander Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:44 am

Dominique stumbled back a bit when the nine year old all but jumped on her.

"You lost your parents lovie?" she asked, trying to make her voice soothing as she brushed over the little boy's hair. "Well I'm sure we can find them soon enough, or they us. What about we get a little bit of ice cream first, and see if they don't just show up?" She asked, grinning a bit. "What kind of ice cream to you wish for?"

Though Lys wasn't related to her by blood, she'd always looked at him and his brother as family. She slowly led him back to his seat and sat next to him. "Pic your flavor!"
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Scamander Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:13 am

Lys nodded at Dominique's question and leaned into her touch as she touched his hair. The nine year old didn't like it when strangers touched him, but he never minded as people he knew did it. He let Dom lead him back to his chair and pulled up his legs again as he sat down. She offered him ice-cream but he shook his head.

"I'm not hungry," he said. He was, though. He just had no idea what flavour to pick, he usually just picked the same as Lor.
Lysander Scamander
Lysander Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:48 am

Dom bit her lip as she watched the nine year old, he seemed rather traumatized. "Are you sure you dont want some ice cream sweets?" She asked, she herself had picked out her ice cream earlier - kiwi and chocolate.

"WAnt a bite of mine?" she then offered, holding a spoonful of ice cream infront of Lys.

"Lysie?" she then asked, and stroked his knee soothingly. "Where did you loose your mummy?"
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Scamander Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:57 am

Lys bit his lip and then nodded, happily eating the spoon full off icecream that was offered him. He rather liked the taste of the peculiar green icecream. He licked his lips and then the icecream was gone. He thought for a moment about Dom's question. He couldn't quite remember, really.

"Well, I was talking to Lor, and then I thought that I saw a Hollybummel. You know, I showed you a drawing of one last year. I walked back a bit to see if there really was one, but there wasn't. When I looked up again, mum and dad and Lor were suddenly gone!" Lys said, and then he stuck his thumb back in his mouth. He knew a nine year old probably shouldn't suck his thumb anymore, but he didn't care. He wanted to, so he did.
Lysander Scamander
Lysander Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Dom shook her head. "Awh that's not nice, but I'm sure your mummy and daddy are looking for you and will find us soon. You're going to be fine as long as you are with me little one."

Dominique wasn't really used to having to be so nice to people, she tried to be always nice to her little cousins, but at home she and Louis did almost nothing else than pranking Toire and yelling at each other.

She offered Lysander some more ice cream. "Hollybummel? Thats an... animal right? Or was it a plant.." she really couldn't remember, Lys had shown her so many diffirent things in the past.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Scamander Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:06 pm

"Yes please," Lys said, not caring to take his thumb out of his mouth, when he was offered some more ice cream. When he wanted to eat it, he had to remove his thumb though. He took another spoonfull and let it melt on his tongue before swallowing it. He wondered why he had never tried that flavour before. Maybe because it was green and looked quite weird.

"A Hollybummel is an animal, I think the plant your thinking about is the Humpfreyzungel, but I don't think those grow in Diagon Alley though," Lys said with a shrug.
Lysander Scamander
Lysander Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:30 pm

"You'now Lysie," Dom started, leaning on her hands for support. "You've got to stop sucking your finger like that it's going to fuc-fudge up your teeth." she changed the 'bad word' quickly, smiling sweetly at Lys.

"Oui, that would be the plant," she grinned out, rolling her eyes slightly. "So Lysie, what were you guys doing here in ze Alley?"
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Scamander Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Lys stuck his thumb back in his mouth. "Mum and dad are wizards, they can just charm my teeth back," he said, his words slightly slurred because his thumb was in his mouth. Lys knew it was bad, but it always calmed him down. Especially when he was alone, or on the edge of bursting into tears.

"Mum and dad wanted to get this new book at Flourish and Blotts," Lys said, still not removing his thumb. There was a lecture there, and both his mother and father had want to attend it. He and Lor could've stayed at his grandfather's house, but Lys wanted to come with. So, so did Lor. "And you?" he asked.
Lysander Scamander
Lysander Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Dom rolled her eyes at his thumb. "It still isn't good for you, and you are so old now! You don't need zat thumb." she said, her french coming in randomly, it tended to do that sometimes.

She leaned back in her chair, taking a bite from the half finished ice cream. "Toire wanted to come here, I wanted to buy new Quidditch gloves so I agreed to come with her, then she wanted to go dress shopping, so I bailed and went here." she smiled shortly. "You'now, when you start Hogwarts, I'll almost be finished!"
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Scamander Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:48 pm

"I don't care," Lys said, and he pouted slightly. He sighed and he removed his thumb from his mouth and swiped it dry on his robe. He yawned slightly and rubbed his eyes.

"Dress shopping, I'm glad I never have to do that, because it doesn't seem like much fun," Lys said with a nod of his head. His expression saddened a bit at her statement. "Really? I didn't know that. You'll be there when I start right?" he asked hopefully. He really wanted Dominque there.
Lysander Scamander
Lysander Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Dom nodded, "Of course I'll be there sweets! You are nine now right? And I'm fourteen, then I'll be sixteen when you start! Givins us two whole years together," she beant over to ruffle in Lys' hair.

She then grinned and stuck another spoonful of ice cream into Lys' mouth. "So are you excited for Hogwarts yet? Even thought its years away?"
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Scamander Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:57 pm

"That's good then," Lys said, a little relieved. Of course he had Albus and Lor. Without them, he didn't think he even wanted to go to Hogwarts. He just hoped that they would be sorted into the same house as he was. Maybe he could ask the hat to put him where ever he had put Al and Lor.

Dom stuck another spoon in Lys' mouth and he grinned, biting down on the spoon so she couldn't pull it out anymore.
Lysander Scamander
Lysander Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorcan Scamander Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Lorcan had been walking around Diagon Alley, looking for his twin brother, they had been separated when, Lys had, probably, gone to look at something. He walked past the ice cream parlour and noticed a familiar blonde head, as he looked closer, he noticed the blonde head was in fact Dominique Weasley and sitting at the same table, for some reason biting down on a spoon, was the person he was looking for, his twin brother, Lysander.

"Lys! There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you!" He all but shouted as he ran over to where Lys sat.
Lorcan Scamander
Lorcan Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Scamander Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Spoon completely forgotten, Lys jumped out of the chair as he heard a familiar voice call out his name and spotted the same image as he saw when he looked into the mirror. He leaped at his brother and refused to let go. He was even more happy to see him than his parents, who were standing behind him.

"Lor Lor Lor!" he exclaimed happily, glad he wasn't alone anymore. "You were suddenly gone!" he cried out, still not letting go of his brother. From the corner of his eye he saw his dad walk over to Dominique.

"Dominque, would you mind if we left them with you for a moment. We have to get something in Knockturn Alley, and we would rather not take the boys with us," Ralf asked Dominique. "If you don't want to, Luna will take them home. And of course, you will get some money for your help," he added.
Lysander Scamander
Lysander Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Dominique tugged on the spoon playfully when Lys wouldn't let it go, then suddenly he had jumped up, shouting for his brother.
She turned around, and there he was; Lorcan Scamander, and next to him his parents Luna and Ralf.

"Oh, no it's no problem." She answered Ralf, "I have nothing else to do, you and Luna take your time!" she gave Ralf a small smile and then turned to the two twin boys.

"Hello Lor!" she greeted and ruffled through Lorcan's hair. "You hungry for some ice cream sweets?"
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorcan Scamander Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 pm

All Lorcan could do was just to laugh when his brother hugged him and refused to let go, he was used to his brother hugging him and such. He listened carefully to see if his father had any instructions for him, but he didn't, so Lorcan just smiled at Dominique when she ruffled his hair.

"Of course I would like some ice cream!" Lorcan all but screamed out, "I want, strawberry and chocolate.. and banana!" He said and smiled.
Lorcan Scamander
Lorcan Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Scamander Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:03 am

Lysander finally let go of his brother and then took hold of his sleeve, afraid that as if he would let go of him all together, he would flee again. He pulled his brother with him to where he and Dom had been sitting and sat back down in his chair. Dom asked Lor if he wanted some ice cream and when his brother called out some flavours. The nine year old heard his own stomach rumble and realized he was quite hungry as well.

"Niek, can I have the same?" Lys asked, slightly hesitating, playing with his brother's sleeve absent-mindedly.
Lysander Scamander
Lysander Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:04 am

Dom laughed and nodded. "Two ice cream with those flavors then?" she asked, before standing up.
She slightly shook her head in amusement. "You guys forget the best flavor though... kiwi." she smiled again "I'm going to get your ice cream, both of you stay put here, okay?"

She then stood up and went to order their ice cream.
She then carried it back to the boys and put it infront of them. "Dig in, sweets!"
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Scamander Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:47 am

Lys watched as Dom stood up and went to get their ice cream. So the peculiar green ice cream he had eaten before had been kiwi flavoured. He would remember that, and let Lor taste it sometime. Because it was good. While Dominique got their ice cream, Lys turned to his brother, pulling his legs back on the chair.

"I thought I saw the Hollybummel," Lys told his brother with a nod of his head. "But it wasn't there, and you were gone when I looked up again," he continued, biting on his lip. "Don't leave me alone again?" he asked.

While he waited for Lor to answer, Dom came back with their ice cream. Lys smiled and he grabbed his, taking a small bite. "Thank you," he told her with a smile.
Lysander Scamander
Lysander Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down